LATITUDE-SIDEKICK for RED DSMC2LATITUDE is an interface between your camera, lens and a range of pro input devices - wireless handsets, thumbwheels, and more.
The LATITUDE-SIDEKICK variant supports:
- Drive 3x Lens Motors, and/or electronic Focus and Iris on EF and Nikon lenses
- Wireless hand-set control via RTMotion Controller MK3.1
- 2x Slave Controller inputs, supporting Thumbwheels, Zoomrocker, Smartknob, etc.
- 3x LM 2-pin power outputs, for wireless transmitter, monitor, cinetape, etc.
- Fit the RED blanking plate, a cheese plate, or the RED SIDEKICK on top.
- Compatible with RED Sidekick (data connection will pass through and function normally!)
- This module requires more power than the BRAIN can supply from the Sidekick port, so you need EXTERNAL Power and CTRL cables. These connect neatly at the back/bottom of the module.
- The 3x LM 2-pin power outputs are passed through directly at the same voltage as the Power-Input.
- The MDR-SK does NOT have WIFI built in as it is for use with DSMC2 cameras which have integral WIFI.
- The RED SIDEKICK is fully supported and will power and communicate normally. The RED DSMC2 Side Handle is NOT supported due to physical warranty concerns.
The first Latitude Sidekicks are landing! DSMC2 module for 1-3 channel precision lens control, EF/AF lens control without external motors, dual slave controller ports and over 1km rock solid RF range... Compatible with the RED Sidekick. Thanks to @instajarred and the @reddigitalcinema team for all of the support. Roll on 2017! #reddigitalcinema #red #r3d #shotonred #shotonr3d #rtmotion #lenscontrol #dsmc2 #lens #eflens #lenscontrol #latitude #latitudesidekick